A foreign national may obtain a green card if he or she possesses extraordinary ability in the arts, athletics, business, or sciences. To qualify, a foreign national must have won a major internationally recognized award or meet three of the following ten criteria:
- Receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized awards;
- Membership in an association requiring outstanding achievement in the field of expertise;
- Published material in trade publications or other major medial about the foreign national;
- Participation as a judge of the work of others in the field of expertise;
- Original contributions of major significance in the field;
- Authorship of scholarly articles in trade publications or other major media;
- Display of the foreign national’s work, such as in artistic exhibitions;
- Performance in a leading or critical role for organizations with distinguished reputations;
- Has commanded a high salary or remuneration in relation to others in the field;
- Evidence of commercial success, such as box office receipts or album and video sales.
The extraordinary ability petition requires extensive documentation and a well-organized presentation and legal analysis. If you believe you qualify as an individual with extraordinary ability, contact the Law Office of Jacob L. Ratzan, P.A. to assist you in filing the petition.