Family-Based Green Cards

Family-Based Green Cards

One method to obtain a green card is through a qualifying family relationship. The fastest method is through an “immediate relative” I-130 petition, which can be filed by: (1) a U.S. citizen on behalf of his or her spouse; (2) a U.S. citizen parent on behalf of his or her child under 21 years old; or (3) a U.S. citizen child at least 21 years old on behalf of his or her parent.

In addition, lawful permanent residents may file petitions for certain family members.

Finally, spouses and children of certain Cuban lawful permanent residents can apply directly for green cards and no I-130 petition is required.


For assistance with family-based green card petitions and applications, please contact the Law Office of Jacob L. Ratzan, P.A.