Special Immigrant Juvenile Petitions

Special Immigrant Juvenile Petitions

An unaccompanied minor who has been declared dependent on the State court for abuse, abandonment, or neglect, or other similar basis under state law, may be eligible for a green card.


The State court must issue a Best Interest Order stating the minor has been declared dependent, is eligible for long-term foster care, and that it’s not in the minor’s best interest to be returned to his or her home country.

With the Best Interest Order, the minor may file a petition with USCIS for lawful permanent residence.

Contact the Law Office of Jacob L. Ratzan, P.A. if you believe you or somebody you know may qualify for special immigrant juvenile status.